Bundeena is a unique, beautiful, beach-side village completely enclosed by the Royal National Park and four beautiful beaches, yet still within the Sydney metropolitan area and only an hour away from great restaurants, galleries and concerts across Sydney.
It is on an estuary, not the open ocean, so it is very sheltered, safe and secure. The majestic open ocean can be reached on foot through the National Park.
In Bundeena you will find:
Horderns Beach is clean, accessible and family-friendly.
- Unspoilt beaches, with the opportunity to swim, kayak, snorkel or go fishing.
- Cafes, restaurants and regular live music at the local Bowling and RSL clubs
- Talented artists who open their studios to visitors for the Art Trail held on the first Sunday of every month, along with the Monthly market day.
- Tennis courts, footy oval and dozens of bushwalk routes, with seasonal opportunity for whale-watching.
- The local ferry goes to Cronulla where there are cafes, restaurants, night clubs and surf beaches.
- A service station, bakery, 2 cafes, a post office, doctor and supermarket/bottle shop.
You enter Red Door Bed & Breakfast into a spacious lobby. The apartment has a Queen Bedroom (sleeping 2) and separate Lounge room (with a sofa bed for 1 adult).
Basic breakfast supplies (eg tea/coffee/cereal/fruit) are provided for the 1st night stay, there is a small fridge, nespresso coffee machine, jug and microwave. Note there is no cooktop or oven.
Overlooking the front garden is a small deck which is often visited by lorikeets and cockatoos with space to share a coffee or wine.
The bathroom is pure luxury with a large shower and a spa bath for two!
Guests have access to TV, clock radio and basic wireless internet. There are books and board games for your entertainment.
We can accommodate an extra little person too (under 2 years), and can supply a portacot, bouncer and high chair at a small cost.
All linen supplied (except beach towels).
Red Door Bed & Breakfast is a strictly non smoking apartment.
It is easy to access Bundeena via train (to Cronulla) and ferry. The ferry runs every hour, on the hour from Bundeena and on the half hour from Cronulla.
We are a 25 minute drive from Sutherland and the Princes Highway, through the Royal National Park and around an 75 minutes from the Sydney CBD.
Red Door Bed & Breakfast is a 10 minute level walk from the ferry wharf and shopping strip. The local IGA and bottleshop are a few minutes walk away and are open 8am to 8pm every day for groceries, fresh food and alcohol.
Red Door Bed & Breakfast is a 300m level stroll to both Horderns Beach and Bonnie Vale.
We are located close to the Royal National Park, children’s playgrounds, bowling club and tennis courts, everything is within walking distance.
Let us know in advance if you need to be met at the ferry wharf, and if we are available can collect you and your luggage.